May 1st (Thu.) 14:00 – July 17th (Thu.) 14:00, 2008 in Japan Time.
Requirements as Presenter
- Presenters for oral or poster presentation must be a member of JSSX (Regular member or Student member) or ISSX (for overseas participants) when submitting the abstract. If not a member, please apply for the ISSX or most ideally the JSSX membership before submission. There is the possibility that you are not allowed to apply as a presenter if you have not completed your enrollement procedure as a ISSX or JSSX membership.
JSSX Membership Application
- Each presenter is allowed to make only one oral or poster presentation in this annual meeting. However, multiple co-authorships are permitted.
- The Invited Speakers for Symposium, Distinguished Lectures or Award Recipients' Lectures are also allowed to apply for additional oral or poster presentations.
Instructions for Presentation
- Please select either oral presentation or poster presentation, when submitting your abstract. The program committee will notify you which presentation category your abstract was assigned to.
- Oral presentation will be 9 min. presentation and 3 min. discussion time. Posters will be put up for 1 day with 1 hr. presentation time.
- Oral presentation will be presented with LCD projector, using a PowerPoint file prepared by the speaker (as a general rule, please bring your own computer, and operate it yourself).
- Best Poster Awards (1st-3rd prize) will be presented to the best poster presentations. If you would like to apply for this award, please apply when submitting the abstract. The committee will select about 10% of the posters from applied posters for Best Poster Awards on beforehand as the 'Finalists'. The Finalists’ posters will be put up at a special set up place during this meeting. Finalists will be interviewed (presentation and discussion) by the committee at the time of presentation, and the top three will be selected as Best Posters. The selected Best Posters will be given a certificate and an extra prize at the reception.
Instructions for Abstract Submission
- Please submit through “Abstract Submission” of this website. For abstract submission, use the Abstract Submission Form given below. Only submissions made on-line are accepted, and submissions in other form will not be accepted.
- Presenters are required to complete their pre-registration except Invited Speakers.
- Submission must be done by the presenter (speaker). The speaker must be either a JSSX member (Regular member, Student member) or an ISSX member (for overseas participants).
- The presenter is required to fill in the E-mail address in the Abstract Submission Form. If you do not have an E-mail address, please obtain one before submission.
- Any contacts from the committee will be send to the registered E-mail address.
- Please have prepared an Abstract on beforehand. Submission in Adobe Acrobat PDF form (MS-Word file will be also accepted.) is requested to prevent the garble and break of the layout.
- We accept both presentation application and abstract submission on online at the same time. Please download the Instructions for Preparing Abstract (Template) from this website, and overwrite it with your own contents. As a general rule, the abstract must be in English, except for Forum.
- Please see the “Instructions for Preparing Abstracts” below for oral and poster presentation.
- Please see the “Instructions for Preparing Distinguished Lectures, Symposium, and Forum” below for Distinguished Lectures, Symposium, and Forum.
Abstract Submission Form
Instructions for Preparing Abstract and Templates
Selection Method for Best Poster Award
Presenters are requested to use the same template when applying for the poster presentation whether or not they apply for the Best Poster Prize. Please note that if you do not apply for this award, the poster will not be a candidate for this award. After the submission deadline, the committee will select about 10 % of the posters as the “Finalists”. The Finalists’ posters will be put up at a special set up place during the meeting. Finalists will be interviewed by the committee at the time of presentation, and the top three will be selected as Best Posters. The selected Best Posters will be given a certificate and an extra prize at the reception on October 31st (Fri.). Moreover the finalists will be invited to the reception free of charge, and will be introduced to the other participants.